FAQs - Online Account
- What are some of the benefits of receiving my bill electronically?
It is convenient, saves time, reduces errors, bills don’t get misplaced, allows you to receive bills anywhere at any time and it helps the environment by saving trees. You can continue to receive a paper bill but if you elect to go paperless, you can always print out a copy of the invoice if needed.
- What are the benefits of paying a bill online?
Paying online with a credit card or electronic check saves time, gives you the flexibility to pay how and when desired, saves money (no more stamps, paper checks, or envelopes) and Invoice Cloud will store your information for future use – but only if you choose to store it.
- What is Invoice Cloud?
Invoice Cloud is a web-based, electronic invoice presentment and payment company that FPUA has partnered with to provide faster, more convenient billing services to our customers. By automating billing and payment collections, customers can click and pay online while helping the environment and reducing clutter in their home or workspace.
- What is the relationship between FPUA, and Invoice Cloud?
FPUA wanted to make paying bills easier for their customers, but did not want the liability of storing financial information. They chose Invoice Cloud because it is easy to use and the security is the strongest available. All the data collected is double encrypted and stored on secure servers. The data is not sold or released for any purpose other than to complete transactions.
Using the System
- How does the system work?
It is very simple. Here are the 3 steps taken by customers:
- Customer receives email notification or accesses account via the biller website and clicks on the “View or pay your bill” button.
- Customer views invoice and either enters payment information for a “Quick Pay” payment or registers to schedule a payment.
- Customer receives an email confirmation with their payment amount and payment process date.
- Do I need to register to pay a bill?
You may need to register to receive electronic bills through email but registration is not required for 1 time payments (Quick Pay). One time payments require that you enter your payment information each time you make a payment. By registering, your payment methods are stored, you avoid having to reenter your payment information, and gain access to your payment history.
- Why should I register to pay a bill?
By registering, you have access to all of your invoices regardless of type and all of the features of the payment portal. These include the ability to view all current invoices at same time, schedule payments for a specific dates, see previous invoices and payment dates, update your profile information, go paperless (if bill type allows) and sign up for AutoPay. You also avoid having to enter your payment information each time you pay a bill.
- How Do I Register?
Registering is easy and can be done when you make your first payment. There are 2 ways you can make a payment.
- When you receive an email notification that your bill is ready to be paid, simply click on the “View Invoice or Pay Now” button. You will be directed to the Fort Pierce Utilities Authority online payment site, powered by Invoice Cloud. Once there, you will be given the opportunity to register or make a “Quick Pay” payment. If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide a password and accept the terms and conditions to use the system. The payment information you enter in your profile will then be securely encrypted and saved for your next visit.
- You can go directly to Fort Pierce Utilities Authority’s website www.fpua.com. Once there, you will be given the opportunity to register or make a “Quick Pay” payment. If you choose to register, you will be asked to provide a password and accept the terms and conditions to use the system. The payment information you enter in your profile will then be securely encrypted and saved for your next visit.
- I forgot my Password, how do I find it?
You should click on “Forgot your Username/Password?” under the “Manage My Account” button. You will need your account number and email address to retrieve your password. If you’re unable to locate this information, you may call Fort Pierce Utilities Authority, Customer Solutions at (772) 466-1600 and, after verifying your identity, we can provide you with the information.
- Can more than 1 person pay bills online for the same account?
There are 2 ways that payment responsibilities can be shared. If the other payer is part of your household, you may choose to share your login information with that individual. In a situation where personal financial data is not shared, you may forward your email notification to the individual, who will then click on the “View or Pay Now” button and elect to make a “Quick Pay” payment. They will need to enter their name, address and payment information. If they enter their email address, they will receive the payment confirmation. You can verify their payment by viewing the invoices in your account.
- What forms of payment can I use?
You can pay by credit or debit card or you may issue an electronic check from your bank account (checking or savings). You may pay by Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- Can I still send in a paper check?
Yes, your bill can be paid in any of the following ways:
- Email notification based payment – Click the “View invoice or Pay Now” button in your email
- Web based online payment – Login to online bill pay via Fort Pierce Utilities Authority’s website
- Paper check – Sent by whatever means you choose, including U.S. Postal Service (note: many paper checks today are converted into electronic transactions once they are received by the biller).
- If I don’t have email, can I still process an electronic payment?
Yes, you have several options.
- You can access the payment portal (via Fort Pierce Utilities Authority’s website) from any internet supported computer
- You can call Fort Pierce Utilities Authority at (772) 466-1600 and make a payment over the phone,
- Mail your check in and it can be converted into an electronic transaction
- Which bills can I pay online?
You can only pay your current bill and past due bills.
- What are the costs for paying online?
There are no signup costs or subscription fees.
- How should I enter my credit card information?
The information you enter on the payment screen must be exactly the same as it appears on your credit card. This information collected will be used to authorize your payment.
- How will I know that my payment has been accepted?
After you submit your payment, you will see a payment confirmation screen. It will contain your payment confirmation message. It will show an approved number for your credit card or a processed number for your electronic check. You will also receive a confirmation email after your transaction is submitted. The email will include your account number, invoice number, amount paid, and confirmation message.
- Can I use more than 1 payment method per transaction?
Yes, you may use one payment method for part of the transaction and another payment method for other parts of the transaction.
- When paying by ACH transfer (electronic check), how does my payment appear on my bank statement?
There will be one entry on your bank statement; it will show as paid to Fort Pierce Utilities Authority.
- How long does it take for a credit card transaction to process if I pay online?
Credit card transactions typically take 48 hours to settle. An authorization is issued immediately; however, it takes 48 hours for the money to be moved.
- How long does it take for an EFT (electronic funds transfer) transaction to process if I pay online?
EFT transactions typically take 48 to 72 hours to settle.
- How much does paying online help the environment?
Paying online is only half of the benefit, by going paperless and not receiving paper invoices, you can increase the effect you can have on the environment. There are several ways reducing paper consumption helps the environment, including saving trees and using less gas. According to the Pay It Green Alliance TM, if 1 in 5 households were to switch to electronic payments, statements and bills, we could collectively: save 1.8 million trees each year and avoid using 103 million gallons of gasoline to mail bills, statements, and payments. If you’d like to be part of that 1 in 5, just select paper invoices under your profile information and check the “receive paper invoices” box.
- Do I need to notify my bank or change bank accounts?
No, your current bank account (checking or savings) will work fine. So many payments are made electronically now that banks are already prepared for online payments. However, if you have arranged through your bank to automatically pay your bill, you need to contact your bank and discontinue the automated payment, otherwise you may pay your bill twice.
- What information do I need to make a payment?
The only information you need to have available to complete a “Quick Pay” payment transaction is your email address, password, and your bank account and routing number or credit card information.
- When can I pay?
You can make payment or review your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is always a good idea to pay or schedule a payment at least a few days before the due date to allow for processing time. The system will be offline during times of required system maintenance.
- Can I use a credit card to pay my bill(s)?
Yes, you can. We take MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- Can I use a debit card to pay my bill(s)?
Yes, although technically your debit card will be processed like a credit card and you will not be asked to enter a pin number.
- Can I tell if my payment has been posted?
Yes, simply login to your account and select “View paid or closed invoices.”
- Will I have online access to my account?
Yes, you will have 24/7 access to your account for invoice review, payment, and payment history. The system will be offline during times of required system maintenance.
- How long will my payment history be maintained?
18 months is the standard retention period for payment history online.
- Will I be able to print a copy of my bill?
Yes, each invoice is presented in PDF and HTML format. Electronic storage is recommended because it saves paper and has a beneficial impact on our environment.
- How do I change my account information?
Simply log into your account and change any of your personal information under the “Preferences” tab or from the Invoice Cloud side “My Profile.”
- What is AutoPay?
If you elect to opt into AutoPay, it means that your bills will be paid automatically on their due date using your default credit card or bank account. This will avoid any late fees and free you from having to remember when to pay.
- Can I cancel AutoPay?
Yes, simply go into your profile and uncheck the AutoPay box that you had previously checked when you elected to opt into AutoPay.
- What are scheduled payments?
Scheduled payments are set up individually for each bill due on a specific date by you.
- Can I schedule payments?
Yes. You can set up a future payment at any time prior to the bill due date.
- Can I change a scheduled payment?
Yes, as long as it is changed before the date it was scheduled to be paid.
- Why am I being charged a late fee?
On the 21st day following the billing date of the regular bill, a penalty charge of 1.5% is charged on any outstanding balance of $50.00 or greater.
- What is a partial payment?
A partial payment occurs when only part of an invoice is paid. (Balances must be paid in full by the disconnection date to prevent possible disconnection of services.)
- What is the difference between AutoPay and a scheduled payment?
AutoPay is an automated process, which pays your balance in full each billing cycle on your due date, scheduled payments are manually entered by you for the date you choose each time you make a payment.
- What if I already have AutoPay or a scheduled payment set up with my bank?
If you wish to set these payments up through us, you will need to contact your bank and cancel your automated or scheduled payment before the payment is due (typically payments are made a couple days in advance of the due date, so don’t wait until the last minute).
- I just scheduled a payment, but I didn’t receive an email confirmation. Why not?
You will receive an email confirmation when the payment is processed. To check to see that the payment is scheduled correctly, simply click on “View Scheduled Payments” under “My Account.” The scheduled payment will be listed by invoice number and include the due date, the scheduled payment date, the balance due and the amount to be paid on the scheduled date.
- Pay by Text
Pay by Text powered by Invoice Cloud is a new easy way to pay your FPUA bill. There is no additional fee for this service. If you are already registered in the online portal, once logged in you can hover over the My Profile button, then select Update Account Info. In the dropdown, you are able to select how invoice notifications are sent with email & text being an option. If you are not already registered, simply complete the registration process, save payment method and select Pay by Text. For video Registration and How It Works demonstrations, please click the links below.
- Who do I contact with questions about a bill?
If you are unable to find the information you need in your online payment history or open invoices, please call Fort Pierce Utilities Authority, Customer Solutions, at (772) 466-1600.
- I accidentally deleted my current email notification, what should I do?
If you are registered, you can login to your account and view your bill there or you can call our Customer Solutions department at (772) 466-1600 and ask us to resend the email.
- What if this website is down or for some reason I am unable to use this site?
If the website is offline, you can call our Customer Solutions department at (772) 466-1600 or visit one of our offsite payment centers. (Please visit www.fpua.com for a list of offsite payment centers). Please be aware that fees will not be waived if this website is offline for any reason or if data entry errors occur.
- If I have additional questions or I am having trouble registering, who should I call?
If you have any registration issues or general questions regarding your account, please contact our Customer Solutions department at (772) 466-1600.
- Is my information secure?
Invoice Cloud uses the highest standards in Internet security. Account information displayed within the customer and biller portals is truncated to protect confidential data. Any information retained is not shared with 3rd parties.
- Is my credit card and checking account information safe when I pay online?
Absolutely. Invoice Cloud will safely store all of your financial information using Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliant systems. This includes truncating (abbreviating) account numbers so that even we (Fort Pierce Utilities Authority) do not have access to your complete account information.
- What is PCI Compliance and why is it so important?
PCI stands for Payment Card Industry and compliance with the industry standards is a requirement for those that accept the major credit cards and for software providers who have applications which involve the transmission and/or storage of credit card information. If breaches are found on systems that are not PCI compliant, the major credit card companies have the ability to levy significant fines on the offending parties.
- Who has access to my account?
You and Fort Pierce Utilities Authority authorized staff. No one will have access to your financial information as all checking account numbers, and credit card numbers are truncated, so you never have to worry about security. As a security precaution, we don’t even show your full financial information back to you.