Natural gas is an economical, efficient and environmentally friendly source of energy.
There are many ways Natural Gas helps homes and businesses cut costs. From cooling, to cooking, to clothes drying and vehicle fueling, Natural Gas provides economical and environmental benefits. Let us show you how Natural Gas can meet your energy needs!
Our job is to help you make the most of every energy dollar. So please call us at 466-1600, extension 4308 if you have questions, or to request a FREE estimate of costs to install customer-owned natural gas piping and appliances.Why Natural Gas is the "Right Choice" for New Homes:
Many new home design considerations impact construction costs, adherence to the Florida Energy Code, and the prospective homeowner's annual energy costs.
Selecting natural gas for water heating and space heating provides design flexibility, cost savings, and other benefits:
- Possible elimination of 240 volt wiring to air handler, range and water heater.
- Possible reduction of electrical panel size. Amperage reduction could be up to 100 amps.
- Possible reduction of insulation R value.
- Possible increase in glass area allowable.
- Reduction of initial installation cost for efficient natural gas pool heaters, indoor and outdoor cooking, and fireplace logs.
- Cost savings of 45% or more* with natural gas water heating when compared to electric water heating or propane (LP).
- Cost savings of 58%** with energy efficient natural gas space heating when compared to electric resistance (strip) heating.
* Water heating cost comparison based on national average annual consumption for Florida Energy Code 30 gallon tank using USDOE test procedures. Data is adjusted for local conditions and fuel prices: EL=$ 0.0884 per kWh, LP=$ 1.50 per gallon, NG=$0.76040 per ccf.
** Space heating cost comparison based on cost per delivered million BTU for 80 AFUE natural gas furnace using above stated fuel prices.