FPUA is closely monitoring the spread and potential threat posed by Coronavirus, COVID-19. Although there have been no confirmed cases along the Treasure Coast, the most important thing for FPUA to do is plan and prepare. Our guidance for decision making is primarily the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the St. Lucie County Department of Health.
FPUA is taking the following steps to make sure that we continue to serve you and protect the health and safety of both our customers and staff. Beginning Wednesday, March 18 at 9:00 am, the Customer Service Lobby will be closed to the public. FPUA anticipates reopening the lobby after a period of two weeks, but will re-evaluate according to recommendations from the CDC and SLC Department of Health. FPUA has also decided to suspend service disconnections beginning Wednesday, March 18 and continuing until further notice.
Connecting with FPUA Customer Service.
- There is a 24-hour Kiosk available on the west side of the building at 206 S 6th Street. The Kiosk accepts cash, credit/debit cards and check payments.
- There is a 24-Hour Drop Box located on the west side of the building at 206 S 6th Street.
- The drive-thru window will continue to be open during normal business hours (8 am to 5 pm). Typically, the drive-thru window is very busy early in the morning, so a visit late morning or early afternoon should lessen wait time.
- The Customer Service call center (772-466-1600, ext. 3900) will be open normal business hours, 9 am to 5 pm. Extra personnel will be available to answer incoming calls.
Alternative Payment Options.*
Remote Payment locations include:
- Cash Plus, 2059 S U.S. 1 (K-Mart Plaza), 772-466-8669
Monday-Saturday 10-7, Sun 11-4
- Dixon Check Cashing, 2410 Avenue D, 772-461-1010
Monday-Thursday 8-6, Friday 8-7, Saturday 8-6
- Down South Beverage & Check Cashing, 420 N U.S. 1, 772-466-8111
- Fort Pierce Discount Pharmacy, 1727 Okeechobee Road, 772-577-6469
Monday-Friday 9-6, Saturday 10-2, Closed Sunday
- Seacoast Bank (Fort Pierce Location-Current Bills Only)
Lobby Hours: Mon-Thurs 9-4, Fri 9-6, Sat 9-12
Drive-thru Hours: Mon-Wed 7:30-5, Thurs-Fri 7:30-6, Sat 9-12
- PayNearMe - Register for account set up at www.fpua.com
Click on Quick Pay link on homepage
Click on Pay with Cash and follow instructions
*Please be advised that individual business hours may be subject to change due to COVID-19.
Phone and Mobile Payment Options. We encourage you to set up an online account at www.fpua.com. Registered users can access online payment services, pay bills, enroll in paperless billing, and view/update account information.
- Pay over the Internet. FPUA accepts most major credit card payments through Online Services to pay your bill online.
- Pay by Text. If you have an online account, log in and click on My Profile. Select Update Account Information and choose text notifications. Select pay by text and save a payment method.
- Pay via Auto Pay. Register online and have your utility bill payment automatically deducted from your checking account each month.
- Pay over the Phone. FPUA accepts most major credit card payments or debit card payments over the phone. This convenient option eliminates the necessity of coming to one of our locations to make payments.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the spread of the coronavirus and fully understand its impact, FPUA will continue to focus on prevention and safety. We strongly urge you to follow all CDC and SLC Department of Health guidelines which include the following:
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children home when they are sick.
- Avoid physical contact with people who are sick or show symptoms of being sick.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals.
- Wash hands often with soap and water - 20 seconds or longer. If you don’t have soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Dry hands with a clean towel or use a warm air hand dryer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect “high touch” surfaces often. High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tables, and bedside tables.
- Call your doctor to discuss symptoms before visiting the office.
FPUA will continue to communicate with you regularly through our website (www.fpua.com), Facebook (www.facebook.com/teamFPUA) and news releases. FPUA is proud to serve you and we will move through this challenging situation together.